Software Released In 1984
- Crypt Of Medea by Sir-Tech.
- Sourceror by Infocom; adventure. “Sequel to Enchanter. Navigate a 3-D maze, part the Red Sea, wax floors, avoid traps, and cast spells to rescue the guild master from a demon. Delightful.”
- Bank Street Speller by Broderbund.
- IACcalc by International Apple Core; spreadsheet.
- Sideways by Funk Software; prints spreadsheets sideways.
- Data Capture //e by Southeastern Software.
- Wiztype by Sierra OnLine; educational, typing tutor. Features the Wizard Of Id.
- Beagle Graphics by Simonsen, Beagle Bros.
- Pixit by Baudville; graphics utility.
- Print Shop by Broderbund; graphics printing utility. This was a significant program, making it possible for the first time for a novice user to easily create greeting cards, signs, and banners using graphics pictures and different fonts. It not only spawned many imitators, but a third-party industry that specializes in supplying graphics, borders, and more fonts.
- A+ Disk Magazine (disk magazine)
- Softyme (disk magazine)
- UpTime (disk magazine)
- Arcade Boot Camp by Besnard, Penguin Software.
- Fat City by Weekly Reader Family Software.
(The following were released by Atarisoft as “official” conversions of popular coin-operated games).
- Dig Dug
- Donkey Kong
- Ms. Pac-Man
- Robitron 2084
- Apple Mechanic by Beagle Bros; graphics.
- Aztec C by Manx; language.
- Catalyst IIe by Quark; program selector.
- David-DOS II by David Data; operating system.
- DiskQuik by Beagle Bros; DOS 3.3 utility.
- DOS Boss by Beagle Bros; DOS 3.3 utility.
- DoubleTake by Simonsen, Beagle Bros; DOS 3.3 utility.
- Essential Data Duplicator III by Utilities Microware; utility.
- Fat Cat by Bird, Beagle Bros; DOS 3.3 catalog utility.
- Frame-Up by Weishaar, Beagle Bros; early hypermedia presenter.
- Master Diagnostic + by Romano, Nikrom; hard disk diagnostics.
- ProDOS User’s Kit by Apple Computer.
- Silicon Salad by Kersey & Simonsen, Beagle Bros; DOS 3.3 utilities.
- Baltic 1985: Corridor To Berlin by Strategic Simulations.
- Beyond Castle Wolfenstein by Warner, Muse.
- RDF 1985 by Strategic Simulations.
Word Processing/Desktop Publishing:
- AppleWorks by Lissner, Apple Computer. “Word processor, database, and spreadsheet–each full-size, full-featured. Holds several files on ‘desktop’. Proportionally spaced type. A winner, for IIe, IIc.
- Cut & Paste by Electronic Arts.
- Jack2 by Business Solutions, Inc.; integrated software.
- Practicalc II by Practicorp; integrated software.
- Simply Perfect by LJK; integrated software.