Software Released In 1986
- Bard’s Tale by Electronic Arts.
- Hacker by Activision; Unique in that there were virtually no instuctions on how to play; you had to figure it out as you went, trying to “hack” into a fictional mainframe computer.
- Hitchhiker’s Guide To The Galaxy by Infocom; Adventure based on the book of the same name.
- Ultima IV by Origin Systems.
- Bank Street Filer by Sunburst Communications; database.
- VIP Professional by VIP Technologies; spreadsheet.
- Point-To-Point by Little, Pinpoint Publishing; terminal program.
- Stickybear Printer by Optimum Resources; graphics printing program with some features similar to Print Shop.
- Reader Rabbit by The Learning Company.
- Writer Rabbit by The Learning Company.
- Fantavision by Broderbund; animation program.
- Clan Perfect Accountant by Sir-Tech; finance.
- On Balance by Broderbund; finance.
- Smart Money by Sierra OnLine; finance.
- Autoduel by Origin Systems.
- F-15 Strike Eagle by MicroProse.
- Beagle Compiler by Beagle Bros; Applesoft compiler.
- Font Mechanic by Beagle Bros; font editor for graphics.
- Shape Mechanic by Beagle Bros; graphics shape editor.
- Micol BASIC by Micol Systems; alternative to Applesoft.
- MouseDesk by International Solutions; double hi-res graphics program launcher, modeled after the Macintosh Finder. Eventually purchased by Apple and modified for their first version of the IIGS Finder.
- Program Writer by Beagle Bros; Applesoft program editor with an AppleWorks-like interface.
- Triple Dump by Beagle Bros; graphics printing utility, supporting every printer in the known universe.
Word Processing/Desktop Publishing:
- AutoWorks by Bird, Software Touch; AppleWorks macro program.
- Fontworks by Software Touch; AppleWorks WP utility.
- KeyPlayer by Pinpoint Publishing; AppleWorks macro program.
- MacroWorks by Brandt, Beagle Bros; AppleWorks utility, first macro program for AppleWorks.
- MouseWord by International Solutions; graphics-based word processor.
- Multiscribe by Styleware; graphics-based word processor, with multiple fonts and graphics capability.
- Word Perfect by Satellite Software; word processing.
- SuperMacroWorks by Brandt, Beagle Bros; AppleWorks utility, upgrade to MacroWorks, worked only with AppleWorks v2.0 or v2.1.